The COVID-19 pandemic is something we’ve never experienced before in our lifetime, but we have a choice to get caught up in it, stand still, and lose hope, or move through it in a way that keeps us sane and helps us succeed no matter what happens. Robin Sharma always has great advice for being awesome in life, but this is a timely message that gives you some concrete tactics to move through this crisis and any crisis that comes up in your future.
Following are the 5 things he discusses in the video:
1. Prepared over panicked – There are many going into panic mode during this crisis. There are also some who are denying it. Robin says that you need to ask yourself what is coming in the next three months ahead and start to prepare for it so that you can protect yourself and your loved ones no matter what happens.
2. Precision of communication – In this time where we need to make critical decisions, you want to make sure you don’t confuse the people you talk to. So be very concise with your communication. I think a great example of not being concise is watching certain presidents talk nonsense and ramble on about related and unrelated things. It’s confusing and it doesn’t make you feel hopeful or confident in what’s to come. Then there are other presidents who are very concise and to the point and they make you feel like things are a little more in control and give you better insight into what’s happening.
3. Crunch data and then take decisive action – Don’t get caught up with only one source of information. If you want to see the whole picture, you need to dig into as many sources as possible and put that picture together. Robin says to read as many reports about the coronavirus and what’s happening as you can so that you can fully understand what is going on with the pandemic and economy and pivot accordingly. In other words, by staying on top of things, you can take decisive action. And, Robin says that you could miss a huge window of opportunity if you don’t take action.
4. Be an opportunity hunter – Ask yourself some important questions. What is the gift during this time? What can you do that you couldn’t do before? Ask yourself the questions that will help you understand how to make the most of this time.
5. See the macro picture – Robin says to remember that this too shall pass. The planet often needs to go through troubles and tribulations to come out better. Robin thinks we are currently being taken to a great place. My hope is that the world comes out more aware of how big our impact is on the health of the planet and the people who live on it.
Click here to get The War Measures Manual that he talks about.